583 Atlantic Ave Virginia Beach, VA 23459
The Cape Henry Lighthouse stands near the "First Landing" site of the Jamestown settlers, and was authorized by George Washington and overseen by Alexander Hamilton. Completed in 1792, the construction of the Cape Henry Lighthouse was one of the first acts of the newly formed Federal government. The lighthouse was in active use for nearly a century before being replaced by a new cast iron lighthouse still standing nearby. It is one of the oldest surviving lighthouses in the United States.
No upcoming events