How else can one describe this new and improved event any other way than with an experience? With a world-class venue, talent, and prize purse, Neptune’s International Sandsculpting Championship has distinguished itself as a premier event unlike any other for miles. From the gallery feel and extended viewing hours, your sandsculpting fill can be quelled with a single visit.
It’s been the signature event of the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival since its inception. Now it becomes the signature event of an entire region as the International Sandsculpting Championship expands to ten days. With an international field of sculptors representing countries from around the world, the expansion of the competition puts this as one of the most distinctive events of its kind in the world.
NEPTUNE’S KINGDOM: LAND OF SAND
A huge tent, almost as large as a football field, will house 22 sculptures created by 12 solo and 10 doubles teams! Sculptors will compete for the largest prize purse awarded in the country.
- Extended viewing time of 10 days
- Expanded walkways and viewing areas providing an intimate view of the process and artwork
- Improved lighting for viewing into the evening hours
- Protection from wind and rain, providing an entertainment option no matter the weather!
- Unique photo opportunities
- Live music and entertainment exclusive to the sandsculpting tent
- Meet and Greet opportunities with the extremely talented pool of sculptors!
- Teaching demos and live “QuickSand” competitions